Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Adderall XR and surgery

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Adderall XR and surgery

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew if Adderall (adderrall) XR has any affects on surgery? Does it interfere with coagulation? I will be having surgery in two weeks and my MD recommended that I taper my dose down before the procedure. I still have to work and find it exrememly difficult to get anything done without taking the medicine. I am on 20mg once per day.

Thank you for anyone's feedback. :)
In this case, its your surgeon's recommendation you should follow. Since adderall (adderrall) effects the sympathetic nervous system it probably creates some additional challenge to your body during surgery, which has a large effect on that same aspect of your bodily functioning.
1 Comment
Did you find out anything re; Adderall (adderrall) and surgery? I have to have feet surgery soon and am on Adderall (adderrall) and I am on this forum because i am so sick as i am weening off Lexapro right now and reading your post thinking oh great i am soon to go through this sick feeling again when i have to lower the dose of Adderall (adderrall) for my surgery.

So i am curious to know what you found out and why to you need to lower the does before surgeries?