Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Adderall XR and surgery
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Adderall XR and surgery

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew if Adderall (adderrall) XR has any affects on surgery? Does it interfere with coagulation? I will be having surgery in two weeks and my MD recommended that I taper my dose down before the procedure. I still have to work and find it exrememly difficult to get anything done without taking the medicine. I am on 20mg once per day.

Thank you for anyone's feedback. :)
Related Discussions
242532_tn?1269553979
In this case, its your surgeon's recommendation you should follow. Since adderall (adderrall) effects the sympathetic nervous system it probably creates some additional challenge to your body during surgery, which has a large effect on that same aspect of your bodily functioning.
1 Comment
Blank
Did you find out anything re; Adderall (adderrall) and surgery? I have to have feet surgery soon and am on Adderall (adderrall) and I am on this forum because i am so sick as i am weening off Lexapro right now and reading your post thinking oh great i am soon to go through this sick feeling again when i have to lower the dose of Adderall (adderrall) for my surgery.

So i am curious to know what you found out and why to you need to lower the does before surgeries?
Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979