Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Alcohol induced paranoia
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Alcohol induced paranoia

My 34 year old brother has had 3 episodes where he was drinking (one of these times it was not an abundance) and had episodes of paranoia where he did not know anyone and was extremely afraid that people would hurt him.  The last episode he had the police lock him up because he thought that was the only place he was safe from everyone. In all three of these episodes we believe he was drinking some sort of alcoholic beverage with lemon juice.  I was wondering if you have heard of any sort of alergic (allergic) reaction to alcohol that would bring this on or a combination of alcohol and lemon?  My brother has quit drinking all together since the last episode and is seeing a counselor.  He is in no way an alcoholic and there is not a history of mental illness in our family.  Have you ever heard of any case such as this?