Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Anemia, chest pain

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Anemia, chest pain

It all started with an Anxiety attack, which I currently take xanax for when needed.  After going through blood tests, Cat scans, MRI's, Stress tests, and ultrasound, they ruled out my heart (still not convinced but..) What they did find is that I am severly anemic, and they also found a 13 cm fibroid in my uterus, in which I am scheduled for a partial hysterectomy in 2 weeks.  In the meantime I continue to get chest pains quite frequently, and also get severe headaches sometimes shooting pains in my head.  Since December of 2000, there maybe has been 5 days that I have NOT taken something for my headache.  I also just recently began bleeding out of my cycle time and this time it has lasted for over a week (heavy bleeding) I feel really weak and have chest pains as well as headaches. The chest pains come and go.  Could this all be from the fibroid and being anemic?  I am so desperate, I was a healthy 37 year old woman able to keep up with my 4 children, and now have every pain in the world, and am afraid of having a heart attack or something from all of these new sysmptoms.  I'm only hoping that after my surgery most of these problems go away, Could be wishing too hard, but I am desperate.  Does anyone have an answer or suggestions?

Dol
The bleeding and the anemia are the most important now, and you have good reason to believe that you will return to normal when those are taken care of properly.  Anemia can cause all of this.