Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Anger Problems

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Anger Problems

When I get anger I get the impulse to throw things.Do I need anger managment?
Yes, some sort of course or couseling to help you see what is going on in your mind that leads to that level of rage...
Hi WE84,

I have generalized anxiety disorder and depression- and part of my anxiety attacks is the urge to kick things or throw things (not at people) to release any built up anger. Anger management may be a viable option- or perhaps a light anti-depressant, I am not a medical professional but I know what you are going through.

1) Identify your source of anger.
2) Identify and recognize the trigger.
3) Deal with said trigger by:
       leaving confrontations
       relaxing, clearing your mind
       self actualization and complements, leading to higher self esteem and focus

Please do not throw anything at anyone! My aim is to never hurt anyone in expressing intense rage or anger. I havn't had such an episode for 6 or more months, but don't hurt anyone (or yourself) please! Medicine ball or punching bag... should take it out of you.
Like the doctor said above me, do an anger management course along with counseling is  great combo. I had anger problems and in my mind wanted to beat my kids as if they were to blame. That never happen. My anger started from childhood and alot of build up through the years. I finally started going to Children of Alcoholics to learn why my parents treated me the way they did and I worked my way up until my stress level was shot, only to find out that I was bipolar. So anything you do for yourself to resolve this anger will only benefit you. Don't drink or use drugs. This makes matter a lot worse.