Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Birth control pills make me depressed,uncaring, ect.

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

I've been taking BC pills for about 9 years now because of my PCOS problem. About a year or two ago I have been feeling depressed, uncaring, selfish, can't seem to want to have sex with my BF of 4.5 years. Couple months ago I got off the pill for 2 months and I was so different. I didn't have any mood swings, my libido was way high, I was happy, even my bf noticed the difference. But I had to go back on the pills. and well my life went back to hell and i feel crazy and blah. Is this normal effect on BC pills? I have switched BC pills to see if it would make it better but its the same thing. Does anyone else have this problem? or am I really going insane.
birth c ontrol pills effect your hormone levels directly, and they can definetly shift your mood..you should talk to your gynecologist about other alternative birth control methods.