Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Brain Fog

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Brain Fog

I am a male 35 yrs old, I have been having brain fog for the last 2 years, lately it has gotten worse. My blood test all came back normal with the except of my cholestrol. I have had an MRI exam which came back normal. It is really affecting my work and life, where i keep forgetting what I was going to say in the middle of my sentence, can't remember objects, basically just feel out of it. For example, I would just freeze in my conversation with my client or say the wrong word.
I did go to a phsychiatrist who prescribed me adderall (adderrall) because his diagnosis was ADD. This did  help but I don't feel that the brain fog is from my ADD because this started to happen recently. Can you please help me!!!!
Tags: brain fog
Those symptoms strongly suggest that part of your mind is preoccupied with something that is not on the surface, something you are not looking at squarely, and this is causing you anxiety symptoms ( brain fog).  You can treat the anxiety with anti anxiety medications or with psychotherapy, or best of all, a combination of the two.
You really dont want to take those medicines the doc recomends unless your like are already crazy, cause ill tell ya from experience they tryed pushing meds off on me for years for fms and i nearly got divorce, not to mention couldnt functon at work , and very parinoyed, those meds are very dangerous, and most docs have never taken them so they dont know....Please be very careful, stay completly away from topomax (topamax)!!!!!!!!!!!! very dangerous. But as far as the brain fog goes... have you been in any pain , or injuries? My fibromyalgia started out like that years ago, i was very smart could get up in front of the whole class and resite poems and had all the confidence in the world!!!!!!!!!! Now i couldnt remember a sentence !!! and i to forget what i am saying.............so keep track of you health issues over your life time cause things do seem to add up after a while.........look up fms.( fybro fog) hope this helps ya.....You should prob....see a doc to make sure there is not something else going on.........Your friend Penny..
While your problems may be psychological, you should seriously consider visiting a neurologist. There are plenty of things that can cause brain fog that won't show up on an MRI or basic blood tests. Also, you should have a neurologist look at your MRI.