Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Buspar Withdrawal
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Buspar Withdrawal

I have been on Buspar for about two years. The dosage began at 30mg per day and I have reduced it over the last six months to about 7 mg per day. My depression and anxiety have been undercontrol and I desire to discontinue its use. One of the reasons I want to stop taking it is that I have very bad dreams when I do sleep with is not much. I have tried tapering off as you suggest, but after about third week of no pills at all I get very, very lethargic. I am having some very wierd effects in trying to get off from this drug. I was told it was not addictive but I have come to believe otherwise. What would you suggest. I have tried the every other day and third day ect. I thought I was OK and then I started getting dizzy every day for one week. When I took just 15mg my dizzyness went away but I have awful dreams that night and felt very scared even into the next day. In  other words I was out of reality. Is this common. I will not take this drug any longer and do not want to take one to replace it. Any comments.