Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Celexa and Adderall(adderrall)
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Celexa and Adderall(adderrall)

I have been taking celexa since december 2008 at 40 mg a day along with 25 mg of adderall (adderrall) xr I seem to have been doing good for awhile then it seemed not to be so effective anymore. I told my psychatrist about this and she told me that she does not know why it seems to work for a while then not be so effective, before taking celexa I was taking wellbutrin Sr 300 mgs, before that I was on lexapro 20 mgs one time a day, I had the same results with this drug as well, I was diagnosed with a mild form of depression. I am thinking maybe the adderall (adderrall) is to strong? The reason why I am on a 25 mg dose instead of 20 mgs is because I was drinking to much caffeine and my psychatrist did not want me drinking so much caffeine. I stopped drinking caffeine for a couple of months while taking the wellbutrin and I felt lousey I would hardly smile or cared to do anything, My psychologist said that it seems that I need stimulation so it should help to be on a higher dose of adderall (adderrall) XR, I am wondering if the celexa is to high of a doseage? Any advice is welcomed

Thank you