Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Cerebral Perfusion Study

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Cerebral Perfusion Study

I had a Cerebral Perfusion Study (Brain SPECT).  The findings are that there is diffusely activity in the frontal lobes bilaterally.  Which means that my neurons are off and some day they will be back.
The impression & clinical correlations are: Hypoperfusion and/ or hypometabolism in the frontal lobes has been described in patients with depression.
I am having a hard time with my (non) neurons, because instead of feeling better, the problem is worst.  I can not hardly remember things. Frecuently I do not remeber what I said or what I have done.  Sometimes I feel that I am crazy.
Is it true that my neurons will be back or I will became worst?
I am sorry, I can't give you an answer because you have told me about a test,but not about the diagnosis. Are you seeing a neurologist? if not, you should.  Also, its easy to get scared by a test, and become so anxious that you function at a lower level, and then think that is a permanent condition.  You need an answer from the person who ordered and interprets the test.