Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Comparison of Anti Depressents

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Comparison of Anti Depressents

Where (on the Web or in print) can I find comprehensive information, preferably not sponsored by a pharmaceutical company, comparing medications and their effects on depression, bipolar, social anxiety, OCD, SAD, alcoholism, and so forth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
There is a site called pdr.com which stands for physician desk reference.  Other than that, you might try a us government web site assosiated with mental health.  You will have to dig for what you are looking for..it won't all be in one place.
I wish I could be of more help, but you are very correct in your preference for checking out sites that are not sponsered by drug companies...so good for you on that one.
The best help I can give is for paxil information, and for that I would check out www.quitpaxil.org
This site is primarily about getting off paxil, but if you want an honest approach to the effects, and opinions on this drug then I'd go there first. Check out their message boards, because oftentimes there is information from people who were actually on paxil, both positive and negative.
Good luck and God bless.
You could go to www.drugawarness.org. You can read all about the side affects and some personal stories.
Good luck...
I am having a hard time getting off ZOLOFT... it's just the worst.