Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Concered about loss of appetite from anxiety
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Concered about loss of appetite from anxiety

Hello! I am a 41 female who is a long time anxiety sufferer.. I have been on SSRI's for approx 10 years, I started having problems with my anxiety again when I switched from Zoloft to Prozac. I was on Prozac from 1/06 to 11/08. I stopped Prozac because I started to get heart palpitations and hot flashes. Unfortunately, my anxiety came back in 8/09 I decided to give Prozac one more try. Well, that was a big mistake. I had chest pains, vision problems, fatigue, pelvic,abdominal pain, loose stools and hot flashes. I finally couldn't take it anymore so I tapered off Prozac in 3/10. The side effects I had from the prozac disappeared except for the loose stools. My Pych doc said the Prozac was too stimulating for me.
On 6/22/10 I had a major anxiety attack/breakdown. I stopped eating because the anxiety was terrible. I had a CBC blood panel, Metabolic blood panel with normal results.
I started on Klonopin about a week ago which seems to have lessened the stomach tightness and panic attacks. I was also put on Celexa but it seemed to make my stomach hurt and give me more anxiety so I stopped the 2.5 mg dose (I am very med sensitive) after 3 weeks. The K dosage is .5  2x a day. The issue I am concerned about is the daily morning anxiety ( I have loose stools every morning and moderate anxiety which seems to subside later in the day)
  I have started taking the K first thing in the morning which is slowly decreasing the intensity of the anxiety.  My other concern is the loss of appetite. I have went to 134 to 120 since 6/22/10.
I started a low dose of Zoloft yesterday because  I did have success when I was on it 4 years ago. I was on Zoloft for approx 5 years previously.
My question is, should I be worried about this lack of appetite?  Will the klonopin/ zoloft combo finally get my appetite back? I don't crave food like I used to and it scares me. I just want to be able to enjoy food again!! I am also afraid of losing more weight..
Thanks!
Michelle