Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Depression, headache, fatigue
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Depression, headache, fatigue

I have experienced a daily headache, fatigue, and depression for 16 years. I am 53 now. I have tried almost all of the anti-depressants, SSRI, tricyclics, and MAO's. I had my best success with Paxil which made me about 60% of normal functioning and I stayed on it for about ten years. It finally starting losing effectiveness and I have tried others but without equal effectiveness. Or quite adverse side effects with some. But I haven't felt really well during all of that time. I have had CATSCAN for the headaches and that did not show a problem. The headache is there every day and all day, varying in intensity, usually with how hard I work (stress). I keep wondering if the depression is causing the headache like this? Does this seem possible? I haven't met anyone who experiences this kind of a headache. Can low serotonin levels cause this chronic daily heachache? I went to some headache clinics early on but they couldn't find a therapy to help. I figure that I have an illness of some kind. I don't know if depression is the primary factor and the headache and fatigue are secondary. Or, is there a primary illness that is causing the depresssion, headache, and fatigue as secondary factors. Blood tests don't show anything outside the normal ranges. If depression is the primary cause, shouldn't most of the antidepressants be helpful? Or are they just not very effective for some people? Other people I know on antidepressants seem to do well. I am still trying to find answers and hope I will someday. What is the value of the brain scans that are done at the Amen Clinic in LA? I have been thinking about trying it even though it is very expensive. Thanks for your thoughts.