Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Depression kicks in after 3rd implant
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Depression kicks in after 3rd implant

Two weeks ago i go my third implagnon and i have always sworn by this contraception ( regardless of the occassional mishaps such as irregular and heavy bleeding ). I have always been happy with my implant and very comfortable knowing i cant get pregnant. Since i got my third implant two weeks ago - i have been extremely depressed and low, i cry about everything and i just feel very sad . I have been horrible to all my friends and especially my husband! I have ZERO sex drive, can't sleep for hours on end . I have been using the gym 3 to 4 times a week with a trainer but burst into tears when i saw him this morning after 3 hours of crying and 3 hrs sleep!

I need help - is it possible that after so many years on the implant i could be experiencing depression?