Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Desperate need of help
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Desperate need of help

I don't know if i am losing my mind or not.
  I don't know what is going on with me. I think i may have a problwm
  with panic attacks or it could be hypocondria. Either way i think i am losing my mind.
  Any little pain i get scares me 1/2 to death....chest pain , stomache pain,head ache ect...
  I have been to the doctors numerous times and have been told
  there is nothing wrong with me. But in my head i always tell myself
  that the doctor was incometant and missed something. And this sets off an attack in me.
  Durring these attacks..I get this overwhelming feeling that i am
  about to die, I break out in a sweat, I start breathing heavy and i
  sit and fight with myself about going to the hospital. What is wrong with me?
  When i get like this it feels like i have no control over myself
  I do try to gain controll...I try talking myself down from it but it
  seldom works.I am tired ALL the time wich I can not afford to be
  I have a huge house, a husband, 2 kids and i work from home I cant afford
  to be tired like this all the time. Please help me ..this is begining
  to be to much for me to take.
  Sandy
Related Discussions

_
Dear  Sandy,
                   With the information that is provided,  it seems like you may be having panic attacks or a type of  Somatoform disorders. A panic attack is defined  as a discrete period  of intense fear or discomfort, accompanied by  at least  four physical or cognitive symptoms  such as  palpitations, trembling, shortness of breath, sweating, feeling of choking, fear of losing control, fear of dying  and others. Panic disorder is characterized by the spontaneous, unexpected occurrence of panic attacks. Because patients who have experienced panic attacks  often go to medical clinics, the symptoms may be misdiagnosed  as a serious medical condition. With treatment  most patients have a significant improvement in their symptoms. Medications such as  antidepressants or anxiolytics  and cognitive-behavioral therapy seem to be  most effective.
                   Somatoform disorders are distinguished  by physical symptoms suggesting a medical condition, yet the symptoms are not fully  explained by a medical condition, by substance abuse, or by any other mental disorder. There are five specific types of Somatoform disorders.  Somatization disorder is characterized by many physical  complaints affecting many organ systems . Hypochondriasis  is characterized by patients belief  that they have a specific disease  despite medical reassurances to the contrary. It is also possible  you are depressed. An evaluation with a  psychiatrist may be valuable to help you regain your life.
                    I hope this information is helpful to you. For a confidential evaluation by a Mental Health Professional, you may contact  Henry Ford Hospital Behavioral Services Clinic at (313)-874-6680. This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only and should not be replaced by evaluation with a  physician.
Sincerely,
HFHS M.D.- HG
Key words: Panic attacks, Somatoform disorders

This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now