Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Diagnosed as General Anxiety Disorder but strange sensations in head.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Diagnosed as General Anxiety Disorder but strange sensations in head.

I am a male, 32, married, no kids, perfect life.
After multiple investigations (including CAT scan), I have been diagnosed with GAD 6 months ago. I take Effexor XR 150 mg. I also take Ativan 0.5 mg twice a day. I am trying to get rid of Ativan by first increasing Effexor to 225 mg but get too many side effects (even increased anxiety!). Also, skipping a single dose of Ativan results in anxiety crisis. My symptoms do not match with panic attacks.
I got the following symptoms this morning.
1- I had the following dream: trying to do cleanup in a large store and always having to start again.
2- I woke up with back pain.
3- I took a bath and noticed I was distracted: I was always thinking to things about job. I think I was "gone" for 10 minutes. I was surprised that I lost concentration for so long.
4- I got dressed and started feeling bad:
5- I had a strange feeling in my head (like if I had fever and a "vibration"). I had dizzy spells and difficulty focussing vision. Bright light was also making symptoms worst. I could also feel slight ear level fluctuations once a while. Taking the Ativan improved the situation only slightly.
6- Another day, my left hand and my teeth were numb with other usual symptoms.
7- Each time, heart beat seems normal, as well as respiration.

Do you think GAD can be the right diagnostic ?
To me, the feeling in my head looks like a light electric storm.

Thanks!