Effexor XR and 5-HTP
I have just started on Effexor XR for the treatment of SAD, with final dosing schedule of 3-37.5 mg once a day.

Am also considering taking 50-100mg 5-HTP supplement in addition to my Effexor dose. (information from http://www.brainplace.com/bp/supplements/default.asp)

Are there any know contra interactions between the 5-HTP supplement and Effexor XR?
The supplement you mentioned is basically serotonin.  Effexor also increases serotonin in the brain, so they both are doing the same thing, but in different ways. It should not be a problem, but you can also increase the dose of effexor to get the same result...ask your doctor about that.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.