Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Effexor withdrawal?

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Effexor withdrawal?

I stopped taking effexor 22 days ago. I tapered down my dose of 75mg down to 1/4 tab of 37.5mg over approx a 2 month period. This has been the worst time of my life. Anxiety, jittery, nauseated, unable to eat, panic, palpitations, emotional, etc. It has effected my job and family. I had a good week last week and now the symptoms have returned. Does that happen? After last week I thought I was free and clear and over the Withdrawals of stopping effexor. Is my symptoms still related to withdrawal or am I going CRAZY? I been taking Prozac 20mg that my doctor gave me to help with the side effect of withdrawal but still feeling really bad.
You were taking medications because of some problems. Now that you are off of it, are the problems still there, and if so, they could be causing these symptoms. It is unlikely that you would get worse if you have been getting better...another approach is going back on a small dose of effexor and see how that effects the symptoms..if it effects them in a day or so, then you are probably having withdrawals.
I personally wouldn't expect there to be a symptom-free period followed by more symptoms and would possibly be looking at other factors.

No, not crazy.  It could be withdrawal symptoms from one med and side-effects from another.

I'm not very knowledgeable about meds so any comments are best left to the expert (or other well-informed members).

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad.