Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Eye problems with stress and depression
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eye problems with stress and depression

I wondered whether you could tell me the reason, with chronic stress/depression, for eye strain symptoms like red eyes and in particular the enlarged pupil of my right eye when overstressed and tired. I have been under the doctor for stress problems for a number of years and when I take paroxetine it normally relieves the symptoms.
Unfortunately, I sought help from the doctor later than I should have done, so instead of it being possibly an acute problem it seems to be chronic. This presumeably means that there is no long term cure? It does mean that it is an embarrassing condition that is noticable as I have blue eyes and that others seem to find worrying.
A young woman I know who also had stress problems of a severe nature also had this phenominon but as she has brown eyes it wasn't quite so conspicuous.
I would be most interested to know what it is that might cause this problem and whether there might be a long term cure.