Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Financial Aid
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Financial Aid

My sister is a realtor but every year she sells less and less.  Now she only lists properties (which is one at a time)upon referrals.  She was married twice and has been in court constantly for divorce proceedings and child custody.  Unfortunately these have overlapped.  She is paranoid that someone is watching her every move, she feels the police are following her (her second husband called the police to her house at least 48 times complaining there was child abuse, or whatever else he could dream up), she cuts her hair everyday, she thinks shes fat (128 at 5"5"), she now cannot go anywhere unless she has drunk enough beer or wine to have the nerve to leave her house.  Then it takes 3 hours to get ready.  She is now thinking about shaving her head.  She believes that since her second husband just got a two bedroom apartment that he is getting ready to take her to court again to get full custody of the 8 yr old girl.  They both have her equal times.

The problem is this - she makes less and less as time goes on and she cannot seek help because she can't afford it.  She also believes if she seeks help, the courts will grant her ex custody.  Is there any financial aid available or pro bono psychiatrists in the DFW area?  I am afraid that within one year she will resort to suicide.  She already acknowledges that she has no life and no person anymore because "someone is always watching her and because she spent 12 years in court.