Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Flying

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Flying

My daughter wants to take my Mother and myself to visit  my son in Las Vegas. I haven't been there for 5 years, my Mother has never been there. My question is. My Mother is 92 years old never flew before. Last Oct. she had triple by-pass surgery and in April she broke her hip. She need a walker to walk with also she can't see very well because of cataracts.  What I am wondering is it a good idea to take her on this trip. Would it do something to her mind. I don't want to traumatize her by taking her somewhere if it going to harm her health.
If your mother is interested in the adventure, and doing it out of free will, there is nothing in the travel itself that would harm her. What you do and see in Las Vegas should be chosen with concern for your mother's values and sensibilities.