Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Going off prozac after 2 weeks?!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Going off prozac after 2 weeks?!

Hi,

I have been on Prozac now for just a little over two weeks. My doctor prescribed it for general anxiety. I've tried some anti-depressants on and off over the past 6-8 years. The first week of Prozac was fine, even good, but then I started to experience some not-so-pleasant side effects. Today, for instance, I feel drugged, light-headed, slightly sick to my stomach. But mostly, I am unable to sleep and I just can not handle that. Because of this, and not truly wanting to be on medication in the first place, I would like to go off. But the last time I went off a anti-depressant I had some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms. If I've only had Prozac in my system for a couple of weeks, should I stop cold-turkey, or taper off, to avoid these symptoms?

Thanks!