Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
High Dose Prednisone and Panic Attacks???
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High Dose Prednisone and Panic Attacks???

Hello,

Last October, my wife was prescribed 60mg of prednisone daily for 7 days for an nagging arthritic condition with no taper.  While on the therapy, she had an incredible steroid high for three days and then what I'd describe as a crash with all kinds of emotional effects, anger, panic, anxiety.  Since stopping her regimen, she is still experiencing panic attacks many times during the day and at night. She's never had them before. Our physician has prescribed lorazepam and this helps and he said it may take awhile to clear up.  She is an otherwise healthy, well adjusted 40 year old life's companion!

My question is, could this prednisone cause this much trouble and if so, will it clear up???

Thanks!