Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Hypothyroid
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hypothyroid

Hi,  I have been diagnosed with a hypothyroid condition.  Three years ago I gained about 30 pounds in about 6 months, this prompted me to see the Doc.  I am curently taking Synthroid (I can't remember the dosage. .150?) and the wieght gain has stopped.  I've been dieting with negative results.  I can lose about 8 pounds and that's it.  I've also started to weight train about 4 times a week also with a cardio work out as well.  My question is this: can I take supplements such as Prolabs Thyro-stack to increase my fat burning potential with out any side affects.  I know when dieting, the body's metabolism slows down as a natural reaction to conserve body fat for survival.  I've been training hard with a good diet for 5 months, my muscles are responding well but nothing is coming off the waste.  My Stats are:  29 yrs old, Male, 5'9", white, 210 pounds.  Any help would be great.  Thank you