Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
I get turned on fast, and masterbate how can I calm down and STOP!

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

I honestly dont like to masterbate because I feel lonely after I do it, but when Im  talking to my boyfriend on the phone and he'll say some freaky stuff I get turned on fast and get wet. If im watching a movie of people having sex I get turned on  fast. Im currently doing a research paper for school on masterbating (masturbating) and sex before marrage and I cant focus cause everytime I read about what people do, I get turned on and masterbate as well...I dont know if this is a serious problem or not, but I dont want to do this anymore. I get turned on fast then my emotions take place and end up masterbating (masturbating). The other night I was watching my friends baby and he feel asleep and I masterbated with him next to me. I feel so horrible afterwards.

My boyfriend is far away I use to do it so please myself with him on the phone, but I notice that lately I been doing it even when im not on the phone with him. What should I do?????????????????????
It's certainly  nice to be able to respond with such passion, but as you point out it is a bit excessive, and now is something that you want to stop. There are many possible reasons you have trouble stopping, and I don't know enough about you as a person to guess except for the clue you give in your question, which is,that you feel lonely after.  My guess is you do it because you feel lonely for your boyfriend or some other human contact, and that is what you will have to learn how to deal with in a better way than the addiction to masturbation which temporarily quellls your loneliness but does not eliminate it for very long.