Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
I keep seeing things that aren't there!

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

I keep seeing things that aren't there!

When ever I am realy stressed out strange things happen. For instantce One day after having a fight with my other half I seen a man leaning up against the counter, he was smiling ans wearing a tux, he was an older man and he didn't speank ( thank God )but I was afraid. It was very calm. My first reaction was that he was a spirit coming to let me know my time was up and I would be free to go to a better place.
On another occasion I was also fighting with my other half and during the course or the arguement I seen a hand gun laying there and I picked it up and shot myself in the head. Well of course there was no gun and i didn't shoot myself. But it was plain as day.
No when ever I am stressed I feel a strange presence and see some sort of ghostly shadow. Ghostly shadow is the best I can explain it. But i get the feeling it's there to take me to hell and not heaven.
Is it normal for bipolar people to see things like this. It's now really starting to scare me.
I would worry about this. Please see your psychiatrist and consider an evaluation and a medication adjustment.
Hi.  I have never had hallucinations before but I have read that many people who are bipolar have them (and that is what yours are).

I know it must be scary.  Sometimes I believe things are happening that are not real and those are delusions.  It feels scary and weird.  I am bipolar, too.

There is medication I take for it and it sounds like you will need that type of medication, too.

Hang in there!

Aside from your illness, if you accept Jesus as your savior you will never have to worry about not going to heaven.  Check it out with a pastor perhaps at a Baptist church.  He will help you with that part of it.
For Susan-
  I appreciated what you had to say about Jesus Christ.  I go to a Nazarene church, but I am also suffering from some forms of depression (i.e. PTSD, dysthymia).  Jesus really helps a lot of it.
Izy - I hope you already know what it took me years to learn.  Depression does not mean you are lacking in faith or that you are not right with God or that you are weak.  Some people who do not understand depression would try to put such a weight on you and it is not true and it makes you feel even worse.

I attended a Nazarene church for years so I am familiar with them, too.  I mentioned a Baptist church because they are so good at laying out the plan of salvation so clearly.

Good luck to you.
In the last couple of years, I've been experiencing the same symtoms (symptoms). Stress, overexertion or just being a psychotic fits the question. Usually, I see small items fall down my stairs and I hear peoples voice, yet I have no noticable mental disorders. I want to know WHATS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!

Truly yours
K