Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
INABILITY TO LET THINGS GO

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

INABILITY TO LET THINGS GO

Subject: INABILITY TO LET THINGS GO

Forum: The Mental Health Forum

I AM A 35 YR OLD MALE WITH DEPRESSION AND SOME SYMPTOMS OF BI-POLAR AND OCD. MY WORST PROBLEM IS MY TENDANCY TO CONTINUALLY GO OVER AND OVER AN EVENT THAT UPSETS ME. LATER I WILL GET UPSET ALL OVER AGAIN IF I BECOME FRUSTRATED. I CAN'T SEEM TO GET PAST THINGS THAT UPSET ME. "GET OVER IT" IS A DREAM FOR ME. I PLAY OUT EVERY POSSIBLE SCENARIO IN AN EVENT THAT BOTHERS ME. IF I AM HAVING A BAD DAY I CAN REACH THE POINT OF SCREAMING AND LASHING OUT AT INANTIMATE OBJECTS. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HURT ANYONE , BUT IF SOMEONE WERE TO TICK ME OFF WHILE I WAS IN THAT STATE( USUALLY A FEW MINUTES TO A COUPLE OF HOURS) I MIGHT! I CURSE GOD AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS SOMETIMES. I TAKE PROZAC AND IT HELPS, BUT IF THINGS JUST KEEP GOING WRONG I WILL LOSE IT AND IT SEEMS TO BE ABOUT ONCE EVERY TWO TO THREE WEEKS. I AM NEVER GOING TO HAVE CHILDREN AS I FEEL EVEN THE CHANCE OF PASSING THIS ON IS TOO MUCH AND WOULD BE IRRESPONSIBLE. I ALSO HAVE TROUBLE CONCENTRATING SEVERAL TIMES A WEEK. MENTAL DISORDERS SEEM TO RUN IN MY FAMILY ON BOTH SIDES. MY GRANDMA IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR,OCD SUFFERER, AND HAS A DECIDEDLY MEAN SPIRIT SOMETIMES. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU MAY OFFER!

Follow Ups:

Re: INABILITY TO LET THINGS GO Jessica 5/19/1999
(0)

Re: INABILITY TO LET THINGS GO HFHS M.D.- HG 4/14/1999
(0)