Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
I'm always tired and feel like I'm lacking sleep when I norma...

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

I'm always tired and feel like I'm lacking sleep when I normally sleep 10hours +

I'm 21 years old, I work a full time job and I attend school full time. I'm always so tired, even if I get 10 hours of sleep, I still feel like my body is lacking sleep/rest.  Which puts me in a really bad mood.  I am a very deep sleeper and I don't see why I'am always so tired if I actually sleep a good amount of hours, could it be something medical?  I really haven't seen a Doctor regarding this, because I didn't think it was something so severe, but I can't seem to function properly anymore, and I know it's nothing new, ever since I was in high school I would come home from school at 12pm sleep till like 6pm eat dinner watch t.v and by 9-10pm I would just go right back to sleep, is this normal? or am I just over reacting?
I don't know about your high school, but having a full time job and being a full time student leaves you very little time for recreation or refueling.  You may be able to force yourself into this discipline, but your body is telling you that it is worn out, and a good night sleep is not enough to fix that.  You may need a vacation from the grind to get your energy back.
I feel the same way sometimes.  Depression/Anxiety can cause that feeling.  have you ever tried to exercise before you go to work.
Could be a thyroid problem .. ask your doctor for a simple blood test to check this out.
I feel the same way.  My doctor tried to switch my meds to make me less tired and it has made it worse, to the point of being dangerous.  Last week I fell asleep at my desk and I am afraid I am going to fall asleep driving.

I hate to admit it, but I feel my diet has alot to do with it.  Bi-polarites can crave sweets and starches (comfort food).  This spikes my blood sugar and then it drops like a rock.  Very unhealthy, but I have never fully have remission from depression and most of the time, I just don't care.  I figure I weigh so much now, why bother.

Look at your diet and see how much sugar, starch and caffiene you are packing in.  Fine advice from someone who can't seem to take their own!
I
mononucleosis?  Also known as "mono" or the kissing disease.  
I reall think you are working too much, (though I can't tell if thats the full picture). Full time work and study is too much. when I worked too much I was as you describe yourself. The only thing that has helped me is working less.