Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
KLONOPIN AND COLD MEDS

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

KLONOPIN AND COLD MEDS
sue
I have a question regarding the mixing of medications. I am currently taking Klonopin each night for anxiety. I've had a sinus infection and took some cold medicine for it. It really knocked me out. Is there any other possible harm from combining the two drugs?
Thanks,

Sue
Sue,

Klonopin is a central nervous system depressant and if it is combined with another depressant such as alcohol(which is found in some cold medications) or diphenhydramine can have an additive effect.  Please consult your physician or pharmacist for further information.

Sincerely,

HFHS MD-JM

Keywords: Klonopin