Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Lack of orgasm and presribed meds

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Lack of orgasm and presribed meds
I take Armour thyroid, Celexa(changed from wellbutrin) enalapril,estradiol and promethium.  I'm 52, a newlywed and have a lot of difficulty attaining an orgasm. I never had this before. Libido, and stimulation are great, but no climax. What can I do differently to resolve this problem?
If this is a new problem, it is probably related to only the Celexa, so you might ask your doctor to change medications or try eliminating this kind of medication altogether and enjoy your newly wed status without medications.
Hi, I also had this problem with Celexa.  My doctor put me on Welbutrin as well and that counteracted the problem.
I've used all types of antidepressants and i've noticed all types of different sexual side effects on them..some would make me extremely spunky and orgasm in less than a minute while others made me completely impotent or unable to climax at all. I currently take celexa and I have a hard time reaching the top of the mountain with it.