Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Lexapro problems

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Lexapro problems

Seven months ago I started Lexapro 10 mg. for anxiety. After 3 weeks it was increased to 20. After about a month it was helping a great deal. Almost two weeks ago it was necessary for me to see the doctor before he would call in a refill. It took several days to get in, so I went for 3 days without taking it. I had begun to have the dizziness, insomnia, a strange feeling in my head, and tingling in my toes. I  hoped that I would feel better shortly after starting back on the Lexapro; but though I have been back on it almost two weeks, I feel very anxious, almost as much as I did before I ever started taking the Lexapro in the first place. Not only that, but I am having difficulty word finding, concentrating, having a conversation, and I feel "out of it." I'm starting to wonder if being off it for 3 days has caused it not to work for me anymore. Any thoughts?  Thanks so much!
Tags: Lexapro
That is not the explanation..being off for three days would not do that, but it can be that your underlying anxiety is breaking through and you have lost confidence in the medication..talk to your doctor about changing meds.