Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Lexapro problems
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lexapro problems

Seven months ago I started Lexapro 10 mg. for anxiety. After 3 weeks it was increased to 20. After about a month it was helping a great deal. Almost two weeks ago it was necessary for me to see the doctor before he would call in a refill. It took several days to get in, so I went for 3 days without taking it. I had begun to have the dizziness, insomnia, a strange feeling in my head, and tingling in my toes. I  hoped that I would feel better shortly after starting back on the Lexapro; but though I have been back on it almost two weeks, I feel very anxious, almost as much as I did before I ever started taking the Lexapro in the first place. Not only that, but I am having difficulty word finding, concentrating, having a conversation, and I feel "out of it." I'm starting to wonder if being off it for 3 days has caused it not to work for me anymore. Any thoughts?  Thanks so much!
Tags: Lexapro