Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Long term side effects of medication.

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Long term side effects of medication.

I'm taking 50 mg of seroquel, and 10 mg of zyrtec and singulair. I'm 19 and have been taking these medications since I was 17. Will there be long term side effects when I'm older? I would go to the company websites but I thought I would get a more honest answer here.

Sometimes I have the urge to clench my calf muscle and bend my feet..it's like i have to do it. Could this be side effects of my medication?
Everyone asks about the long term consequences, and the truth is nobody knows for sure, except current information suggests these are safe.  There is another danger, and that is staying on them when there is no longer a need.  Many people function better when they stop if they no longer really need them, but that is something only your doctor can determine.
1 Comment
My wife's psychiatrist told her that she had to take the Prozac 20 mg /day for rest of her life in order to prevent her symptom of depression from coming back and told her that it is perfectly safe..   Her doctor told her this after she stopped taking the medication and sufferred the rehaps....  She has been on medication for 7 years now without any significant side effects....
Psychiatric drugs do cause permanent side effects and the longer you stay on them the more harm youre doing.

If youre in doubt about  long term/permanent side effects of psychiatric drugs that continue when you stop taking them, why not visit the hundreds of people with permanent sexual dysfunction caused by SSRI antidepressants at-

***@****