Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Marijuana and adult ADD

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Marijuana and adult ADD

Maybe someone can help solve an argument I've been having with my father's girlfriend.  She is 57 years old and has adult ADD which we've known about for a few years.  However, a couple weeks ago she decided ton start smoking marijuana.  Now she is trying to tell us that she is getting the marijuana via a prescription from her doctor.  I don't know if it is my own lack of knowledge or not, but as far as I know a doctor cannot prescribe marijuana anywhere in the United states.  I am mostly worried that my father will get in trouble either with the marijuana being in their house or in the car when they are together.  Of course he beleives her even though she hasn't been able to actually show anyone this supposed prescription that she has.  I would greatly appreciate any helpful comments or maybe something I could print off from somewhere on the web to show my father.  Even if I am wrong I would like to know so that I can quit arguing about it.  

Thank you
Ted
Medical prescription of marijuana is legal in some states. California for sure. But it is tightly controlled and used primarily for people with intractable pain. It is very unlikely that it would be prescribed for ADD.
1 Comment
THe Active ingrediant in Cannabis(delta-9-THC) is now marketed in the USA,in pure tablet form for nausea,pain,loss of appetite,etc.Is use is usually restricted to Chemotherapy Patiants.Overuse of it, "GETS you stoned" just like marijuana does.Her ADD medication may be causing anorexia and insomnia and marijuana(pills)may help considerably with these side effects.