Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
My head hurts!

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

My head hurts!

Hi, I was under intense pressure at work and suddenly my thoughts began to race and my ability to concentrate and take things in was greatly reduced. Because of this I was unable to sleep at night and seemed to wander around in a daze for a week or so. I had no choice but to leave my job to take myself out of the situation. It has been 2 weeks now and I do feel a lot better but some symptoms still exist. These include a dull ache in my head (almost like having mild concussion) and where my thoughts are normally clear and sharp they seem slightly out of focus and fuzzy. I also feel a little week and tired although as the days go by this has improved. I do not feel at all depressed as I know as soon as my head clears I will get another job with less pressure. I have not sought medical help as i thought time would cure me. The worrying thing for me is there is a history of mental illness in my family and in fact my sister has schizophrenia. My question is what has happened to me?( did I just feel extreme stress or something more sinister) Will I ever be back to normal? Should I seek medical advice?

Thanks for your help Anthony
You may be suffering from an anxiety disorder that presents with the symptoms you had described. This condition is readily treatable by medications like zoloft, paxil or prozac.
However, you may also probably reacted to your job-related stress, a condition called adjustment disorder. Medications is usually not indicated.
I advise that you consult a mental health professional to help you manage your condition.
Mabey you have experieced miagraines.They are very very painful & can disturb everyday living. Is this a  dull pressure pain favored on one side?Do you see flashing lights & nuesea?I get migraines one time one stayed with me for 6 days straight.I hope you feel better.
You my dear, are a typical PSYCHO!
dawn S needs help.
She's gonna hurt somebody.
Probably in the pen already!
Hey Dawn S bet you aint got a husband. You crazy *****!