Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
My head hurts!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My head hurts!

Hi, I was under intense pressure at work and suddenly my thoughts began to race and my ability to concentrate and take things in was greatly reduced. Because of this I was unable to sleep at night and seemed to wander around in a daze for a week or so. I had no choice but to leave my job to take myself out of the situation. It has been 2 weeks now and I do feel a lot better but some symptoms still exist. These include a dull ache in my head (almost like having mild concussion) and where my thoughts are normally clear and sharp they seem slightly out of focus and fuzzy. I also feel a little week and tired although as the days go by this has improved. I do not feel at all depressed as I know as soon as my head clears I will get another job with less pressure. I have not sought medical help as i thought time would cure me. The worrying thing for me is there is a history of mental illness in my family and in fact my sister has schizophrenia. My question is what has happened to me?( did I just feel extreme stress or something more sinister) Will I ever be back to normal? Should I seek medical advice?

Thanks for your help Anthony