Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
My therapist and I

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

My therapist and I

I've been diagnosed with DID more than over a year ago.  I've been in therapy once a week for a 90-minutes session trying to deal with different issues.  I have a wonderful therapist.  Lately, I have the feeling that I am too dependent on her.  I have been going through a rather difficult time the past weeks, and me - us have been calling our therapist.  She always calls me back, always makes some time for me.  I lead a pretty lonely life, without family or a support network.  So when I am going through a difficult time, the first person popping to mind to call up is my therapist.  I live from one t-session to another, remembering little from the time in between.  It is frustrating to me.  I even noticed that I also call her when I just feel lonely.  But feeling lonely makes me feel sad, feeling sad makes me feel bad, etc.  Anyway, I was wondering if this is a normal phase of the therapy, or if it is something that I should worry about.  I know that I still make my own decisions; I don't need my therapist for that.  But when I feel bad, I need to hear her voice, need her listening ear.  What do I do about this?  Should I address this issue to my therapist?  Is it wrong from me to call her?

Thanks for listening

Tina
this is not only a normal phase of treatment, it is a very important phase. You should definitely discuss this with your therapist.  There is much to learn from this. It is normal, good and useful...use it to learn much more about yourself.