Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Need advice
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Need advice

I am 39 year old male. I have been suffering from the following symptoms since my childhood and no doctor seems to figure out what the problem is. Those symptoms are significantly affecting my ability to focus, to communicate with people, and to enjoy life:

Symptoms are:

Feeling Lightheaded, and dizzy (this gets worse as I feel shortage of Oxygen, as explained below)
Feeling body imbalance
Inability to focus (this gets worse as I feel shortage of Oxygen, as explained below)
I feel shortage of Oxygen especially in my head, and my arms (this is a major symptom, I feel it especially when I stand for a long period of time, I feel that my heart's beats get faster). This symptom improves as I sit down. It significantly improves if I take a nap for an hour or so.

Above symptoms temporarily improve if I eat or drink something sweet, or if I drink coffee.

I explained those symptoms a number of times to my doctors, and they all think it is a psychological problem. They all did blood works for me which turned out to be normal.

Any thoughts or advices on what the problem could be?

Background

I am a Sickle Cell “Trait” (I do not have Sickle Cell Disease, I am a carrier). My blood works are all normal and my Hemoglobin is in the region of 15.(not too sure what the unit is)

I have had depression for over 10 years – I currently take Celexa (20 mgs, 1 tablet a day). My depression symptoms have improved by say 65%.

Because of lack of focus, my doctor advised that I might have ADD/ ADHD and he put me on Wellbutrin (75mgs, 1 tablet a day)., but I do not see any improvements
I work out on a regular basis and I run on the treadmill
My heart is normal, no diabetes, no blood pressure, no thyroid problems
I take multi vitamins/ minerals, and Omega 3