Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
OCD and ANXIETY NEED TO MOVE ON WITH LIFE
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

OCD and ANXIETY NEED TO MOVE ON WITH LIFE

Dear Doc,

I am a male, 33 years old, married with two beautiful kids in a comitted relationship living in Mumbai, India. There has been no incident in the past which I would consider risky for HIV transmission.

I got myself tested in April 2010 for HIV casue I felt a needle exposure had caused it (previous blood draw/phlebotomy).  The test ofcourse came out negative! Then I thought I was infected by this phlebotomy procedure so I waited 3 months and got myself retested for HIV along with HBSAG on July 1, 2010. Test came out negative. This time I even saw the phlebotimist opening the needle from needle pack! I even smsed him later that was the needle new and he replied in the affirmative. I was relieved but this crazy thought keep pestering me what if I am still infected??

So finally after 6 months again that is on January 5th 2011 I got myself tested for HIV, Hbsag and HCV and this time I held the needle packet (TOP brand, winged infusion needle set with a BD adapter) to see if it is sealed or not. After that the phlebotomist opened th packet and worked in such a fast manner that before I realised, the blood was drawn. I again smsed him asking whether the needle set was opened from the new, valid, sealed pack infront of me and he replied in a single word YES. Ofcourse all the tests were negative!Doc why do I keep thinking this way?I am restraining from having sex with my wife should I continue.
please give me your advise as I value them a lot. I have all these reports lying infront of me stating my negative status and just want this thought to go away?

All the tests were undertaken at NM Pathalogy lab, Khar - west branch.

I feel this has become an obsession. I keep writing on different forums like thebody and to the pathlab and keep awaiting their response. It has become a dialy ritual in my life. I await your immediate reply to ease me.