Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
PNES and getting treatment for it???

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

PNES and getting treatment for it???

I have a number of Mental health problems. Disssositave identity disorder, GAD, PAnic, PNES,Bipolar, Agoraphobia. I have found some one in my area that specializes in treating  PNES with EMDR. It's to my understanding that this may be a long process. My question is ...do the benifits out way the risks of digging up the past in order to treat the PNES that I have had for 13 years. I'm afraid of regressing and becoming unstable if I try to go into the traumatic past. My current pyscologist is willing to work with this other one that specializing in PNES. Another question I have is will the system (alters get upset) when dealing with all this. The system is stable currently. I am on disability, but am wondering if I dealt with the past, if I would become a whole person and deal with life better, or is better to leave the past behind and go forward. Thank-you, Jasmine
You are certainly asking the right questions, but I don't know you well enough to answer the questions.  It is something you have to discuss thoroughly with a trusted advisor, like your psychologist, and if you decide to go ahead, do it as safely as you can. There are risks and there are possible benefits, and who you work with on this is of the utmost importance......