Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Paxil: How come no cum?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Paxil: How come no cum?

What are the physiological reason why I have difficulty reaching orgasm while on Paxil? It feels akin to a constriction around the area of my Paraneum. Any thoughts?

Thganks,
Paul
Related Discussions
Paxil's sexual side effects is caused by an increased neurotransmission of serotonin in the central nervous system, a stimulating effect at postsynaptic serotonin receptors and effects on the peripheral nervous system.

The best treatment consists of prescribing another antidepressant which probably has hardly any or no sexual side effects include those with noradrenergic and dopaminergic action (some tricyclic antidepressants, bupropion), as well as antidepressants with a postsynaptic receptor blocking action (nefazodone and mirtazapine).

1 Comment
Blank
I have the same problem as Paul when I was on Zoloft. I'am curently taking Wellbutrion and do fine in the sexual department but now, I'm having trouble controling my depression. what about the medication you mentioned Nefazodone and mirtazapine. Is this a good comparsion to Zoloft.
               Thanks, Gidget
Blank
I'd like to say I've been taking Paxil at increasing dosages for nearly six years, and it has seriously impacted my libido, sexual drive.
Blank
You are all exactly right. I have no sex drive, dont feel pretty or sexy and dont care other than the fact that I am newly married, my husband is trying to understand but its becoming increasingly harder for him. I have been on paxil since nov 99 along with klonopin for the panic attacks. I have decided this am that I am going to wean myself off these drugs, I'm sick to death of them and go from their.  Thats just my own thing, because I dont even know who I am anymore.
firenze
Blank
I HAVE BEEN OFF PAXIL FOR A MONTH AND A HALF TODAY I STARTED EFFEXOR XR  DOES EFFEXOR HAVE THE SAME TERRIBLE SEXUAL SIDE AFFECTS?
Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979