Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Please help me understand...

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Please help me understand...

Hi,i have seen therapists off&on since i was15.most recent diagnosis severeanxiety,agoraphobia&majordepression,i seen about5different therapists&they agree i have anxiety,but have  came up with other different diagnosis they just dont want to put in the work to find out what is really the cause.1 therapist told me that she wasent interested in finding a diagnosis4 me and another1 basically told me that i was too bafflling&told me to see someone else.i started to have problems w/my brain when i was10but since then have gotten worse i started being homeschooled at age13&only had contact w/family i was left home with my very ill dad alot by myself at nights,cause my mom had to work nights&my paranoia started.id keep myself in our livingroom refusing 2 leave for anything till my mom came home.i started to believe pictures in our house could see me&watch me,so i would turn them face down to avoid it.i grew more isolated,its not easy for me to obtain any kind of relationships.i dont trust&avoid people.people do not like me there is something wrong w/me that they can sense.when i do make friend,it does not last long,cause i usually end it cause i dont believe they are on the same level as me.my paranoia&my outburst of rage is making my family not like me anymore.they always threaten to commit me& that sends me further into rages.i dont trust them,i know my mom wants to rid of me.i often feel confused,nervous,restless,trapped in my head.i often feel there is something wrong with my brain,it feels fuzzy&full.i can feel hear buzzings&clicking noises in it,i feel my blood is contaminated and making me sick,weak&tired.doctors say its anxiety.i feel victimized by everyone,i feel everything is done deliberatly,they say its just in my head,but they are lying i can sense it.im not seeing a therapist&havent for awhile,they dont listen&want to keep me sick.please help,i just want fixed so my mom cant keep threatening to commit me!is this just depression&anxiety?thanks.
Hello.

The experiences you had since your childhood probably have had a major effect on shaping up your thoughts and beliefs. Depression and anxiety can be considered consequences of those thoughts and beliefs. Psychotherapy with medicines (when needed) can give you the best results. The duration of psychotherapy may vary from person to person.

It will be difficult for me to suggest any other possible diagnoses here. Your situation is too sensitive to be dependent on online discussion. I suggest you summarize the whole situation for your current doctor (or a new one). Starting afresh does give more insights. And shy away from being biased towards therapists. If you feel ignored, it is mostly because you might not have told them in a way they understand!

Hope this helps a bit.

Best Regards

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD