Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Prozac for OCD, Anxiety, Panic
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prozac for OCD, Anxiety, Panic

I used to take Prozac for my anxiety, panic disorder, and OCD, and it seemed to work great. About a year ago I quit cold-turkey because I lost a family member and I thought that the medications had stopped working.  I totally regret it.

I have been taking Prozac again for 3 weeks now. I started 1 week on 10 MG and now for 2 weeks have been on 20.  My anxiety seems to be a little better.. I am more calm.. but my racing thoughts and fears and OCD tendancies are still strong, and I don't think any better.  (I have a huge phobia of vomiting, and I am unable to eat now because of all the racing thoughts in my head and worries about getting sick.)

Is it normal for the fluoxetine or any medication to take longer on OCD?  Can a medication that worked for me in the past work again?  

Thank you for your help.