Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Prozac withdrawal symptoms - please help!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prozac withdrawal symptoms - please help!

Hi,

I wrote the other week about going off Prozac after only being on it for a couple of weeks. I didn't like the side effects and decided I just didn't need to be on anything. I was on 20 mg a day for a little over two weeks. I was advised (here) to go off slowly - tapering down over a 2 week period. I'm not sure if I did it correctly or not, but I started taking the 20 mg every other day. I did that last week and then today I started with 10 mg and thought I'd do that every other day. The problem is, I am having MAJOR withdrawal symptoms. I have chills and shaking, then I get hot and clamy. I have been nauseous and yesterday I threw up. I have had really bad headaches, body aches - I feel like I have the flu. This morning I was sweating pretty badly and then when I took the 10 mg (I emptied the capsule in juice and drank half of it) it subsided slightly.
My question is - what can I do to make this experience more tolerable? I am just miserable and scared from all that I've read, that this might go on for a long time. I can't live like this. Thankfully, I don't have to work right now. I couldn't.
Please help!

Thanks!