Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Psychologists

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Psychologists

Posted By Carol on May 21, 1999 at 00:28:22
My daughter, my 4 year old grand-daughter, and my grand-daughter's father have been ordered by the court to see a court appointed psychologist for evaluation.  This psychologist has said some off-the-wall things to my daughter and grand-daughter that just don't seem right to me.  One example, he has stated, in front of my grand-daughter, that he thinks she is lying about being abused, which upset her very much.  He is very minipulative and rejects my daughter's opinions. He also tries to control the whole session.  He has made it clear that he is siding with the father.  He has also rejected the reports given to him by my grand-daughter's psychologist and psychiatrist.  My grand-daughter has been in therapy for 3 months due to abuse by her father and his girlfriend.  Her therapists have never acted in this manner.
My question is, how can you tell if a psychologist or psychiatrist is a good doctor?  Is he conducting these sessions properly?
Thank you in advance.
Carol

Follow Ups:

Re: Psychologists HFHS.MD-AJ 5/27/1999
(0)