Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Rhovane

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Rhovane

My husband is an addict.  More than just once a week he comes home after being at the bar quite intoxicated.  We have a little boy and this has become a very big concern for me and has caused a lot of friction in our home.  He is also taking Tylenol 4 on a regular basis along with another pill that I can't remember the name of right now.  He said he would like to change as the alternative is for him to leave.  Because of these addictions, we tend to fight a lot and I don't want my son exposed to the alcoholism or the arguments.  Anyway, he went to the doctor the other day and the doctor prescribed Rhovane for him.  He told me this is to treat his alcoholism.  Is this drug used for this?
  • Need help (7 replies):
    Hi, I have a son that has anxiety and ocd. Instead of ...[more]
  • self medicate (3 replies):
    Has any one with bi polar had any issues with drugs and ...[more]
I am not aware of a medication called Rhovane to treat chemical dependency.

However, there is a medication named ReVia (naltrexone).This medicine is a narcotic antagonist used to treat alcohol or narcotic addiction. It may also be used to treat other conditions as determined by your doctor.

I am sure of your concern but I would recommend that you attend Al-Anon or similar support groups for family members of alcoholics and the chemical dependents, so you may have a better understanding of his condition and also learn to cope the stress of living with a person with this type of illness.
1 Comment
Rhovane is the trade name for the generic drug Zopiclone, a hypnosedative that is used in the treatment of depression or more commonly, sleep disorders. It has less negative side effects to the traditional benzodiazepines which are sleeping pills.

I do not believe that it is available in the US. It is available in Canada and Mexico.

In researching this drug I have seen one reference to it being an antidote to cocaine, but unfortunately I cannot quote you the reference where I saw this.

I hope that this is of some us.

p.s. Immovane is another trade name for this drug.