Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Selegiline (deprenyl) for social phobia

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Selegiline (deprenyl) for social phobia

I know that there were some studies about the treatment of social phobia with selegiline (irreversible MAO-B inhibitor).
  I was able to find one such study online but there was no abstract for it. I would like to know whether selegiline is effective in the treatment of social phobia and if so, what typical dosages are effective. The study I am talking about is the following:

Simpson HB, et al; Low dose selegiline (L-Deprenyl) in social phobia. (Depress Anxiety, 1998)

_
Dear Rich,
I tried to access the study that you quoted, but was unable to access that study as well.  However, in reference to your question concerning the usage of selegiline (also known by its trade names of Eldepryl, Deprenyl), it is an irreversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase (MAO).  It is most commonly used in the treatment of Parkinson