Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Serzone
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Serzone

I've been taking Serzone since early November. It has done some wonderful things for me, helped me gain a new perspective on life, no more suicidal thoughts, a sex drive I never knew I had, help to just keep going. However, I'm getting hives from it, which started in early January. I cut my own dosage back, because I really want it to work, but of course now I'm getting terribly depressed again, and the hives won't stay away, either. I need to talk to my Dr, but he doesn't seem to have many answers, and I feel I must be armed with information when I talk to him. I experimented with my dosage and found the correlation with the hives. I'm afraid to try something else, as SSRI's seem to be pretty bad for me, making me even more suicidal. I tried Zoloft and Celexa. Welbutrin gave me such a headache I couldn't function. From my own research, Effexor seems similar to Serzone in how it works. Is this true? What about a sex drive with it? Also, Serzone helped me lose some weight, so what about weight gain?

In addition, I have a hypothyroid condition and have been taking Synthroid, 50 mcg/day. Since starting Serzone, my thyroid has gone the other way, and I've had to cut back the Synthroid a bit. In your experience, can there be a correlation between the hives, becoming less hypothyroid, and the Serzone? Any insight here would be appreciated. I know it's just the depression talking, but I'm having difficulty maintaining a perspective on this and feel it's difficult to face living feeling like this if I can't feel as good as I did when Serzone was working for me.