Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Serzone

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Serzone

I have been on a 50mg twice daily Serzone dosage for going on, I don't know, 6 years now. In addition to the Serzone I take .5mg twice daily Xanax.  I have been taking these meds for anxiety of which I was diagnosed many, many years ago, and am now feeling I can live w/out them.  I have mixed feelings about meds especially when one of them has been black-labeled for liver failure.  Of course I get my blood tested once a year as a precaution but I'm done with that.  I have learned many alternative techniques to dealing with anxiety over the course of the past 15 years and am ready to rid myself of these toxins.  Though I am seeking advice from my doc I am wondering if anyone has additional insight on how to slowly come off Serzone.  I am just beginning a cleanse/detox for health reasons and would like to benefit fully from it knowing I'm not adding toxins to my liver.  Not to mention, it's just time.

Just an FYI for anyone interested in Serzone, I had tried just about every anti-depressant on the market before I found Serzone.  It honestly is the best med, low dosage for anxiety, that I have ever taken.  No funky side effects like Prozac and Zoloft.  I highly recommend it with careful supervision and frequent blood tests.  Thank you for listening and I hope someone has some good advice out there.
I am glad to hear that you recognize that you have learned better ways of dealing with anxiety.  There is a safe way to wean yourself without side effects. Do it over three weeks.   The first week, take the lowest possible daily dose you can. The second week, take the same dose every other day. The third week, take that dose every third day.  Then stop.