Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Should I start taking Zyprexa again?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Should I start taking Zyprexa again?

I was on Zyprexa for over 15 years after doctors had tried numerous anxiety/depression medicines without positive results.  I was convinced that it was a bad drug and I should quit taking it a year ago even though I was happy and just newly married.  I thought life was good so I went off cold turkey...Boy o boy.  The horrible withdrawals made me feel like I was doing the right thing and that it was a horrible drug.  I have been spiraling downward since then.  I have extreme highs and terrible lows.  I cry often and can barely get out of bed and function.  I am having disc problems in my neck which I think is aggravated by the anxiety.  My life is in the best place it has been as long as I can remember and yet I am sad and miserable and have anger episodes for no reason with my husband.  I am 47 and it has been suggested I tried hormone replacement as I am going through menopause and now I am confused as to whether I should get back on Zyprexa or something else.
Tags: Anxiety