Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Side effects of "Long-Term" use of Paxil

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

I have been on Paxil for 7 years...and Ive now been off since June of this year.  My concerns are that since Ive been off, Im thinking so much clearer now. And Ive been looking back at all Ive done and I cant remember half of it, and the stuff I do remember, I cant remember the "Why" or what the hell I was thinking.  I had an affair, and was willing to walk away from my husband and children, without even a second thought....that isnt me!!!!  I cant help but wonder...if Paxil played a role in that!!!  There was no "rational" thinking on my part. No rational person I know...would walk away from her marriage of 12 years and walk away from her children...and thats what I did.  And I dont know why!!!  Has anyone else been where I am??  This really scares the hell out of me.
Certainly this medication has an effect on your brain and mood, and it is conceivable that it effected your judgement by blunting the anxiety signal that might have made you reconsider what you were doing before it was too late.