Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Stopping St. John's Wort
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stopping St. John's Wort

Dear Sirs;
I am a 38 year old who has been taking 2000mg of St. John's wort (GNC concentrated brand) for the past 10 months. This has helped my depression, however, I think it may also cause the chronic headache that I have. Does anyone know how long St. John's wort can remain in the body?

I am afraid of taking a prescribed pain medication like Tramadol, and having Serotonin Syndrome.Three years ago I had been taking only 300mg of St. John's wort, and after stopping for approx 6 weeks I was put on Paxil and experienced Serotonin Syndrome after only 1.5 doses. Needless-to-say I never want that to happen again.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.