Depression/Mental Health Expert Forum
Switching from Lexapro to Effexor
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support pertaining to mental health issues such as: Anger, Dementia, Depression, Family Problems, Memory Problems, Personality Disorders, Phobias, Schizophrenia, Transitions and Work Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Switching from Lexapro to Effexor

Hi,

I have GAD with depression. I am currently taking 25mg of Lexapro and .50 mg of Xanax a day and have been for over a year. My sex drive has taken a nosedive. I am very active and normally very thin, however I have gained 20 pounds and can not lose the weight. I eat around 1500 calories a day and exercise regularly so my doctor is switching me over to Effexor and Xanax. What are your experiences with Effexor and weight gain & sexual side effects? What are your experiences with Cymbalta and weight gain & sexual side effects? Which drug do you see the best results with?
Thanks so much,
Better Than Before!